Thursday, April 1, 2010

Google is changing it's name to Topeka

I know, I couldn't believe it when I heard about it to, but seriously visit the site. Look at the new logo:



This is one of the largest companies on the internet! They're changing their name and CNN doesn't even cover it?! C'mon.

And it gets worse! According to Google:

Early last month the mayor of Topeka, Kansas stunned the world by announcing that his city was changing its name to Google. We’ve been wondering ever since how best to honor that moving gesture. Today we are pleased to announce that as of 1AM (Central Daylight Time) April 1st, Google has officially changed our name to Topeka.


Topeka, Kansas changing it's name early last month?! How come I didn't hear about this! They also mention that Alfred E. Neuman came from Topeka, which I was unaware of... I only know this famous politician from his portrayal at MAD magazine, never seen him in person. You'd think that CNN might touch on this story, right?! You think?!

Jesus CNN. Get some qualified reporters in your house... cause right now you're falling behind a lot of competitors... like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment